The issue with openjpa-2.3.0 is a regression which only hits you seldom.
See OPENJPA-2335

I found it when I tried to use @OrderColumn.
It would be easy to fix this by rolling back Pinakis changes. But there might
have been a good reason for those changes.

I'm on a conf today and have to deliver 2 more talks. After that I will be able
to work on that stuff again and hope I get this fixed till Sunday.

I suggest Romain and I fix OpenJPA and we start a release of OWB and OpenJPA
immediately after that.

So Alex, if you need a TomEE release, why don't you just set the version to
some internal number and rolle your private intermediate release yourself?
This is really not more than mvn clean source:jar deploy -DskipTests=true

We should have the TomEE release final somewhen this week.

David now runs a company with commercial support even, so if you need help with
an internal release then I bet he can help you.

This is OpenSource, but we are no free candy gift shop.
We all take a lot of heart but also time and money into TomEE and other ASF
projects. But not because we are bored! We really use that stuff in our own
projects.

We are very happy to get feedback. We are also very happy if tomee users are
happy. We also understand that some users have time constraints. But we would
be even happier if people don't see all the work we do as granted for free.

don't take it personal, just needed to be said ;)

LieGrue,
strub