On 10/3/18 8:38 AM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> We have had a long discussion about hibernate (suspend to disk)
> being unreliable. But there seems to be no hard data. Let's gather
> some!
>
> If you perform hibernation (systemctl hibernate, or the equivalent
> through the GUI), does _your_ system suspend and resume correctly?
>
> Note: I'm not talking about the user-space configuration issues
> (resume= not set on the kernel command line, no swap, swap encrypted
> with temporary keys, whatever), but only about any potential kernel
> driver issues.

It works here (all be it with a lock trace in dmesg from ath10k).
Yoga 920.

The experience isn't great here at least though, you do a 'systemctl
hibernate' and the screen blanks immediately. After some time it powers
off, hopefully it worked? On resume: boot, enter luks phrase and... boot
takes some time longer than normal and drops you back to your old
desktop, but there's no progress bar or indicator that it's loading a
hiberate image.

You didn't mention one of the bigest "configuration issues" though:
secure boot has to be disabled. :)

kevin