On 10/8/18 3:43 AM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
On Monday, 08 October 2018 at 12:03, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
On Thu, Oct 04, 2018 at 04:47:13PM +0200, mcatanz...@gnome.org wrote:
[...]
Also, don't forget secure boot, kinda a big deal....
Yeah, secure boot kills the whole idea. One of the reason why I don't
use secure boot. I hope the kernel reports hibernation as impossible
if secure boot is enabled. It should, and if it doesn't we need to add
a check in systemd. It would be great if somebody with SB enabled could
say what /sys/power/state and /sys/power/disk contain.

This is on Fedora 28:
$ dmesg |grep secureboot
[    0.000000] secureboot: Secure boot enabled
$ cat /sys/power/state
freeze mem
$ cat /sys/power/disk
[disabled]

That's unfortunate. I have seen some laptops where secure boot can't be turned off. Is there any way to override that?