On Thu, Oct 04, 2018 at 08:35:20PM +0200, Timothée Floure wrote:
> > We have had a long discussion about hibernate (suspend to disk)
> > being unreliable. But there seems to be no hard data. Let's gather
> > some!
>
> I might have missed something, but can you link me the "long discussion"? Do
> we
> have a page on the subject somewhere on the wiki?

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/desk...@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/AUHETMQF6VIL6SG4VZXA4GQB43BAW7NJ/
   "Disable (or make configurable and default to off) suspend-then-hibernate
behavior in GNOME-3.30"
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/desk...@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/TLTA6HAYJWQYHV3ZHFXUIXM4IJVWBEJJ/
   "Disabling kernel's hibernate support by default, allow re-enabling it with
a kernel cmdline option"
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/desk...@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/YOTPDRPY6ZTFGVCPMFWGPA3KRDNFHLOD/
   "system now hibernates automatically 3 hours after suspend ?"

(note that those are cross-posted to kernel@fp.o, sometimes fedora-devel@fp.o,
so it's a bit a thicket to navigate.)

> > If you perform hibernation (systemctl hibernate, or the equivalent
> > through the GUI), does _your_ system suspend and resume correctly?
>
> Works perfectly on my T440s :-)

Cool.

Zbyszek