On Thu, Oct 04, 2018 at 04:47:13PM +0200, mcatanz...@gnome.org wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 5:38 PM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
> <zbys...@in.waw.pl> wrote:
> >Note: I'm not talking about the user-space configuration issues
> >(resume= not set on the kernel command line, no swap, swap encrypted
> >with temporary keys, whatever), but only about any potential kernel
> >driver issues.
>
> Well "whatever" is a big deal here, we need to know exactly what is
> expected to work and what not before we can test this, or we'll
> provide you with false reports that it's broken.

Let's define "works" as "good enough for you as a user for whatever
you use the machine for".

> A default install of Fedora with encryption enabled creates swap on
> encrypted LVM. Is that expected to work? I'm not planning to
> repartition my computer to test this and it's maybe not worth
> arguing about if that's not expected to work.
Yes, I have such setup. Usually the root partition and the swap
partition are very similar. So if dracut is able to figure out how to
decrypt and mount your root partition, it can do the same with swap.

> Also, don't forget secure boot, kinda a big deal....
Yeah, secure boot kills the whole idea. One of the reason why I don't
use secure boot. I hope the kernel reports hibernation as impossible
if secure boot is enabled. It should, and if it doesn't we need to add
a check in systemd. It would be great if somebody with SB enabled could
say what /sys/power/state and /sys/power/disk contain.

Zbyszek