On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 12:23 pm, Ben Cotton <bcot...@redhat.com> wrote:
So in theory a proposal could pass with a vote of (+1,8,-0). This
seems ungreat. If many FESCo members are unwilling to provide an
up/down, that indicates a problem with the proposal, IMO. I'd like to
see this have a floor (e.g. proposals always require at least +3).

I don't agree. If there's a problem with the proposal, FESCo members should vote no. Abstain means abstain. If you choose to abstain, that means you don't want your vote counted... there's nothing wrong with that. Not everyone has the opportunity to develop expertise on every issue.