On 11. 05. 20 18:23, Ben Cotton wrote:
* To pass any measure, a majority — defined as the greater of half the
eligible votes (rounded up) — must vote in favor of the measure. The
standard set of eligible votes is one vote per FESCo member. No
measure may pass without at least one vote in favor.

So in theory a proposal could pass with a vote of (+1,8,-0). This
seems ungreat. If many FESCo members are unwilling to provide an
up/down, that indicates a problem with the proposal, IMO. I'd like to
see this have a floor (e.g. proposals always require at least +3).

This would also block the one-week approval (+3 and no -1 results in
approval currently).

Also note that in the ticket, (+1,8,-0) would currently pass (in 2 weeks), but not on a meeting, so it's kinda weird to say "this is not yet approved on this meeting, but will be in 2 days in the ticket anyway".

However, (+2,6,-1) would not even pass in the ticket currently and IMHO neither should it in the meeting.

If we are to change the rules, I strongly suggest we keep the "majority of the 9" requirement at least when there is a negative vote involved.

--
Miro Hrončok