On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 7:40 PM Chris Murphy <li...@colorremedies.com> wrote:

> Bias is not the same thing as a conflict of interest. And it doesn't
> inherently result in unfairness.

Sometimes it is a matter avoiding even the appearance
of impropriety that could be raised at a later date to
question the process/motives/decisions (which often
just delays the inevitable, but sometimes the delay is
the point).

Regardless, I would suggest that along the way, if
FESCo does not have a set of guidelines regarding
if recusal on any vote is appropriate, they should consider
writing down whatever they decide is appropriate (or
just point to some other groups process if that is
appropriate), even if the decision is no recusal is
ever required, so we don't have this discussion all
over again in a year or two when everyone has
forgotten this one.