On Thu, Apr 27, 2023 at 07:01:15AM -0400, Stephen Smoogen wrote:
> breaking mail altogether. My frustration and anger comes from the fact that
> I spent most of the last 5 years assuming that it was somebody else's
> problem and they would take care of it so I could focus on keeping other
> things running.

This is a very important point -- Is RH/Fedora prepared to properly
handle the maintainence, administrative, moderation, etc burden of
scaling up the Discourse instance?

Or will all of Fedora's customizations make it into another special
snowflake instance that results in very painful upgrade paths, leaving
it to become yet another service left to coast along under its own
inertia until this cycle repeats itself again?

I mean, it's all fine to say "but Discourse is actively developed" -- if
you never actually upgrade/update it to match upstream, it's no
different than the situation we have with our mailman3 today, where
we're literally years behind the curve.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy                        pizza at shaftnet dot org (email&xmpp)
                                      @pizza:shaftnet dot org   (matrix)