On Monday 18 May 2009 14:50:30 Thomas Sachau wrote:
> Arne Babenhauserheide schrieb:
> > On Saturday, 16. May 2009 16:02:19 Thomas Sachau wrote:
> >> Additionally, Gentoo is about choice, if there is a warning, the user can
> >> choose, with a forcing script, there is no choice, which is a bad idea
for
> >> this philosophy, therefor i vote against such a script for linux.
> >
> > But in Gentoo it would also be possible to add a use flag to select the
> > browser, which just tells freenet which browser to use.
> >

> Do you know the numbers of possible browsers? You dont want to add a useflag
for each of them and
> additionally this would force the user to use exactly the one browser
selected by useflag.
> Additionally, what happens, when the selected browser has no privacy mode
enabled, while another has
> it? This was and still is no real option.
> Simple and easy is only the warning page, everyone sees it, everyone can act
as written there. All
> choices still open and if anyone chooses to act like an idiot, it is his own
problem.

It is not simple and easy, because the user sees the warning page, and has to
act on it. We should call a secure browser in the first place, and in
particular, the Browse Freenet link, which everyone who can't memorise
http://127.0.0.1:8888/ will use, should start either a browser in incognito
mode or a browser chosen by the user for browsing Freenet.