Guys, where are we on this?  It's been several weeks since the last update.

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 1:10 AM, x...@freenetproject.org
wrote:
On Wednesday, November 02, 2016 10:52:39 PM Dan Roberts wrote:

> I'm doing my best to avoid any "design" decisions, so I had no plan to

> include the bank balance, but it definitely has value.

The project is way too large to operate solely as a volunteer thing, we need

to have a plan how to get more funds.

Also, getting funds has been difficult recently, so IMHO it should be

permanently visible on the index page.

Personally I think there are two aspects:

1. The site should permanently at least in small size say something like "Our

current funds will pay N months of development".

The dollar value itself is irrelevant to potential donors as outsiders cannot

judge how much dollars development costs. Also "We have $20 000" will sound

like very much to non-IT-folks and discourage donations, while IT people know

that this is very little in terms of how expensive IT is.

2.

Realistically we run out of money once a year, which is rather frequent, so we

already need to plan for a more large request for donations during the time

where our money is low.

A donation progress bar like with the old site IMHO is the best approach.

It should span the site in full width.

Optionally, a small version of the bar could be used at 1.

If you don't feel like being capable of doing this with the design templates

you have, can you maybe ask Ian to request something from the original

Ian ClarkeStacks - Our AI will save your moneyhttp://trystacks.com/