Ok, I'm not making a specific point about any particular decision, I just
don't want us be paralyzed by needing to accommodate every obscure edge-case in
anything we do.

On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 12:54 PM, x...@freenetproject.org  wrote:
On Sunday, February 26, 2017 06:39:00 PM Ian Clarke wrote:

On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 9:06 AM, x...@freenetproject.org wrote:

> Our typical developer is using a highly sophisticated terminal mail client

> which has received decades of development.

Really? Have you conducted a survey?

I can't remember the last time I saw

anyone using a terminal mail client, it was probably 15 years ago.

Look at the user agent of the mails of Arne you have replied to in this very
thread. They're sent by emacs.

There in fact also is a survey - which shows mutt has a *GROWING* user amount:

https://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=mutt

Our developer's liking terminals is also a general impression from our daily
discussions on the IRC team chat over the past years.

Steve uses a terminal IRC client. Florent too as far as I remember.

Also we haven't had a Windows installer for years because from our dozens of contributors *nobody* was using Windows to the point of being able to maintain
an installer.

Yes this is unrelated to mail, but it shows how far our folks are located on
the "open source spectrum".

So please chose wisely with regards to shiny JavaScript cloud solutions :|

Disclaimer: I use a GUI mail client, this is not self-serving.

Ian Clarke
Founder, The Freenet Project
Email: i...@freenetproject.org