On Sat, Feb 25, 2017 4:19 AM, Florent Daigniere nextg...@freenetproject.org wrote:
Or we could just migrate to slack (like Ian suggested ages ago). It's
not like there has been any meaningful, productive, development-related

discussion on this mailing list in the last few years.

While I'm more familiar with Slack, https://gitter.im/ is an alternative we
should consider that's used by a few open source projects.
Slack may have more of a barrier to entry for users, for example the Kotlin open
source project appears to require an external invite mechanism before users can
access Slack - http://slack.kotlinlang.org/
However, Gitter seems to require a Github account, which might be a problem for
non-developers.
As for complaints about proprietary services, nothing in the goals of our
project mandates that we only ever use open source tools.
Ian.
Ian Clarke
Founder, The Freenet Project
Email: i...@freenetproject.org