On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 11:01:19AM +0700, Oskar Sandberg wrote:

> You think Ian goes to the press and says that Freenet is about pirating
> music? He has been working damn hard to give them the right idea, but most
> people just don't give a damn, they print what they want to (and care more
> about the fact that we might be a threat to their money than that we are
> fighting for their freedom). You need therapy for that hubris if you think
> that by talking to you they would suddenly understand.

Okay, so I was particulary naive for short moment.  Actually, why
don't we try to get as little press as we can while spreading as far
as we can underground so that when we really show up on the radar
screen things it is too late for those who are against us.

> This project has had an absurd amount of press time compared what we have
> achieved. It's bad enough that we more or less lost Ian as a developer to
> talking to the press 24/7 (and now heading off to California to do God
> knows what), let's not make it any worse then it is.

Yeah, the time between releases is quite large (at least 3 months
between 0.2 and 0.3), and the amount added/changed between releases is
quite low (mainly just adding DH key exchange, encryption, CHKs, SVKs,
and KSKs, and redirects (if it gets in on time)).  Maybe we should lie
low for a while until we are really ready for primetime (PK
encryption, searching, updating, etc.).

--
Travis Bemann
Sendmail is still screwed up on my box.