"free speech" these days also seems to be, unfortunately, anything that demeans
minorities, but anything to criticise those demeaning minorities is obviously
not free speech and should be demonized immediately.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: DJ Amireh
  To: devl@freenetproject.org
  Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2023 10:42 PM
  Subject: Re: Racist statement of Ian Clarke on this list

  The biggest threat to free speech today is the take over of corporations and
shareholders as the arbiters of what is and is not allowed to be spoken. We
allow this to happen because corporations and shareholders "know what's best
for the economy" and if you don't like it you're a "postmodern neomarxist." Sad
to see these thought stopping political buzzwords being thrown around to label,
demean and dismiss any opposition to the corporate takeover of speech and
thought.