If you wish to compare with the current RN:
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotesXWiki83M1

I personally don’t find it worse. It actually looks even a bit better IMO.

But the pros are not really for this. It’s that now you can do lots of reports:
* See all release notes news for all versions from N to P
* And only for user-related features
* Or only for a given module/application. For ex: show me all the changes
related to SOLR from XWiki 6.1 to XWiki 8.2.