On Monday, 12 August 2013 at 13:38:11 UTC, Dicebot wrote:

1) Developers tend to forget that tools like `dub` are for taking care of dependencies during development and end users won't have `dub`. Even if it is a library, dynamic linking implies that it will be pulled as a dependency not only by developers. That may result in complications for integrating package into existing package system. Sometimes.

That's true. But, correct me if I'm wrong, rpms and the like are bundled independently of the original source repository. So a project relying solely on dub doesn't stop a package maintainer from keeping a separate build script to bundle with the rpm.