On 19/08/2013 18:22, Russel Winder wrote:
On Mon, 2013-08-19 at 14:06 +0100, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
[…]
Hum, I guess the annoyance is proportional to the amount of extra
plugins you have. Personally I usually only have 1 or 2, the rest comes
bundled with Eclipse, but I can definitely see that a lot of users could
have a lot more extra plug-ins.

CDT, CUTE, Ceylon, Groovy, Gradle, Grails, Dart, TestNG, Go, Android,
PyDev, Clojure, JavaScript

Not to mention that the default CSS for Eclipse is seriously broken and
has to be amended manually.

You can override the CSS of the default themes by placing a new CSS file in the directory ~/.e4css . For example I have placed there a modified e4_classic_winxp.css that has simple tab style activated. (swt-simple: true;)

This will survive across updates, unlike if you change the files in plugins/org.eclipse.platform_4.*/css

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer