On 2013-09-02 18:55, Bruno Medeiros wrote:

Hum, I didn't know it was that much of a pain to use Java 1.7 on a Mac.
If I had known I might have delayed the DDT version requirements bump,
but now it's too late as it's way down the road, there is a lot of 1.7
use already.

And regardless, it shouldn't be that much of a pain to put a newer
version of Java. Version 1.7 has been out for quite some time. But it
does seem Mac OS X is quite fussy about it:
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/webnotes/install/mac/mac-jdk.html

I uninstalled 1.6 and then installed 1.7. Then when I started Eclipse Mac OS X says I need to install Java.

I don't if this might have helped, but you can specify to Eclipse which
JVM to use:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse.ini
This means you don't have to use the default JVM but another installed one.

I tried that, doesn't work. It just adds it's own "-vm" flag, overriding mine.

--
/Jacob Carlborg