On Thursday, 7 November 2013 at 16:25:47 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
On Thursday, 7 November 2013 at 08:58:50 UTC, tester wrote:
how do make that comiler work?
[Issue 11457] New: Cannot compile 64bit apps with Visual Studio 2013

this is a desaster for me. was that release tested? if i amand the pathes and run as admin or not - it will not find the libs (user32)

windoes8.1, visual studio2013, 64bit

This never worked automatically before so I don't know how this could suddenly be a disaster. In this release the installer makes an attempt to detect your VC++ and SDK installation and fix up sc.ini to point to them. It's brand new and only a few people responded to my call for help testing it. Post your sc.ini and the paths to your Windows 8.1 SDK and Visual C++ 2013 installation.

i have tested windows 8.1/vc 2013/sdk 8.1, here are my paths:

mspdb120 path:
---
%VCINSTALLDIR%\..\VC\bin
---
(full:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
12.0\VC\bin)

libs path:
---
%WindowsSdkDir%\Lib\winv6.3\um\x64
---
(full:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows
Kits\8.1\Lib\winv6.3\um\x64)

adding this stuff to sc.ini allows to build with dmd 2.064.2 with
-m64