On Sat, 2015-02-14 at 16:25 +0000, Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce
wrote:
> I got an email from the publisher of my D Cookbook asking me to
> write another book on D. From their email:
>
> "We have recently commissioned a book on D, titled ' Learning D '.
> This book will have approximately 400 pages and and the vision
> behind this book is to introduce practical concepts and tasks
> specific to D programming."

Uurrr… I guess they have redefined the term "commissioned". I would
have said "they have permission to commission/contract".

> I had to say no; I just don't have that kind of time right now.
> However, they asked me to ask here if anyone would be interested. If
> you are, email me and I'll get you more information and put you in
> contact with the Packt editors.

What is their workflow these days? When they asked me to do a Python
book and later a Groovy/GPars one, they were tied to a Word-based
workflow for authors.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.win...@ekiga.net