On Sun, 2015-02-15 at 15:37 +0000, Craig Dillabaugh via Digitalmars-d-announce
wrote:
> On Sunday, 15 February 2015 at 11:36:22 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:

[…]
> > Luxury. I typed my thesis (including the maths equations) using a
> > broken portable manual typewriter. ;-)
>
> And you tell new students these days, and they won't believe you :o)

There is one wonderful upside to this story, the examiners appreciated
the complexity associated with changing anything, that they took
considerable effort to find the minimum changes necessary that could
be done with Snopake and a pen.

> […]
> Of course, TeX is also a programming language, so for developer types
> it does present its own distraction.  Luckly TeX coding is so obtuse
> it is never a serious temptation.

Uuuurrr… like m4, once you get into it it isn't so bad.
--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.win...@ekiga.net