On Thursday, 26 February 2015 at 02:22:18 UTC, stewarth wrote:
On Wednesday, 25 February 2015 at 15:36:21 UTC, Gan wrote:
On Tuesday, 24 February 2015 at 22:03:29 UTC, stewarth wrote:
On Tuesday, 24 February 2015 at 21:10:53 UTC, Gan wrote:
On Tuesday, 24 February 2015 at 21:07:04 UTC, stewarth wrote:
On Tuesday, 24 February 2015 at 19:32:08 UTC, Gan wrote:
On Tuesday, 24 February 2015 at 16:28:59 UTC, Namespace wrote:
I had to force dub to upgrade in order for it to pull the latest code from the master branch.

But on the plus side it runs.

On the downside it still only displays a blank white screen for Mac users.

As growlercab pointed out (https://github.com/Dgame/Dgame/pull/29), I think also that you should set the Version to 3.2 rather than 3.0. Could you give it a try and say if that works for you?

No dice. Running the shapes tutorial again, just a blank screen. Console output looks good though:
init openAL
Derelict loaded GL version: GL33 (GL33), available GL version: 3.3 INTEL-10.0.22
Quit Event
Finalize Sound (0)
>> Sound Finalized
Text: Finalize Font
Font finalized
Close open Windows.
Open Windows closed.
Finalize Texture (0)
>> Texture Finalized
quit sdl

Did you try commenting out the line that sets the forward compatibility flag as well?
(sorry it isn't clear from the posts)

if (style & Style.OpenGL) {
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_CONTEXT_MAJOR_VERSION, 3);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_CONTEXT_MINOR_VERSION, 3);
SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_CONTEXT_PROFILE_MASK, SDL_GL_CONTEXT_PROFILE_CORE);
/*
* SDL_GL_SetAttribute(SDL_GL_CONTEXT_FLAGS,
*           SDL_GL_CONTEXT_FORWARD_COMPATIBLE_FLAG);
*/
}

This fixed a similar issue for me on Linux.

Cheers,
stew

Yeah I did that, doesn't show anything but a blank white screen.

OK, thanks for letting me know.

Is there anything more I can test to try to get it working on Mac?

Also anyone else have a Mac to test on? I wanna make sure it's not just me getting the blank white screen.

Without a MAC I am just guessing, but my next steps would be along the lines of:

1. The venerable printf binary search bug hunt approach :)

Check glGetError, which you can turn the error into a string with GLU as follows:

---
void reportGLErrors() {
    GLenum errCode;
    const GLubyte *errString;
    if ((errCode = glGetError()) != GL_NO_ERROR)
    {
        errString = gluErrorString(errCode);
        writeln(errString.fromStringz)
    }
// UNTESTED!!
}
---

This module should work as a standalone with a few tiny import changes: https://github.com/Dav1dde/glamour/blob/master/glamour/util.d

The interesting bit is checkgl, used for example like this:

checkgl!glDrawArrays(GL_POINTS, 0, 10);

then you get a nice debug message if glDrawArrays reports an error. It will also report if a previous error has occurred and wasn't cleared, but of course in that case it won't be able to tell you where.

I wrap every OpenGL call with checkgl, it helps immensely.
              • Re: ... Gan via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... stewarth via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... Gan via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... Gan via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... Gan via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... Namespace via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... Gan via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... Namespace via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... stewarth via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... John Colvin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... Namespace via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... Namespace via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... stewarth via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • Re: ... stewarth via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: Dgam... Namespace via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: Dgame revived Namespace via Digitalmars-d-announce