On 18/03/2015 22:09, Trent Forkert wrote:
On Wednesday, 18 March 2015 at 21:12:11 UTC, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
What kind of Eclipse projects does it generate?

CDT. Anything else would prevent it from supporting multi-language
projects, and thus turn it into yet another crappy monolingual NIHS
tool, and thus useless for me (and Manu).

If it generates CDT projects, it's not really much help as CDT doesn't
understand D (duh),

Nor does it need to. The project builds with either Make or Ninja, and
Eclipse doesn't even care that it is building D code, and will build
successfully even if you don't have DDT installed.

and DDT doesn't work with CDT projects (also duh).

Not sure what you mean by that. Installing DDT allows Eclipse to see *.d
files (in any project, DDT, CDT or otherwise) as D files that will be
opened in Eclipse's editor with syntax highlighting, completion, etc.
Without DDT, Eclipse opens D files in an external editor.

I just double checked, this all still works as I was expecting it to.

When I said "it's not really much help", I didn't mean for building: I meant for code completion and other semantic functionality. A CDT project description means nothing for DDT, and as such, code completion and other semantic functionality won't work properly (you will get code completion for the standard library, and for symbols of the .d file you opened, but any other imports/modules will not be found).

Bruno Medeiros