On Monday, 20 April 2015 at 23:27:58 UTC, Stewart Gordon wrote:
On 21/04/2015 00:19, Stewart Gordon wrote:
<snip>
?? When I worked on the project on dsource, until it stopped working recently I generally had no trouble just committing my updates using SVN. I didn't have to create patches at all. As I understood it, neither did anybody else who helped out (after all, it wasn't
_my_ dsource project).

OK, so come to think about it, maybe those who were collaborating were given commit access on dsource as and when.

I believe this is the case. That, or they simply didn't have SVN installed. They sent a PR to my GitHub mirror instead.

In the other thread I referred to this
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5010754/github-collaborators-have-commit-access
which makes it sound as though it's possible to do the same thing in GitHub. Is that page wrong?

This question pertains to private GitHub repositories (a feature of paid plans).

Regardless, I do not recommend attempting to shoehorn your previous SVN workflow into git and GitHub. The usual way contributions are done with GitHub is that anyone with a GitHub account can create a pull request (a series of commits, initially published on their own fork of the repository), which the repository owner (or collaborators) can then accept (merge) into the main repository. Instead of designating a group of committers as in SVN, you would simply need to review pull requests and click the "merge" button to accept them. If you do not foresee yourself being available often enough to review/accept pull requests, you can designate a few collaborators who can do it as well.