On Monday, 27 July 2015 at 18:58:33 UTC, Joseph Cassman wrote:
Sorry for the following rant but I am frustrated by the poor quality of support for Windows 64 development.

Try http://rainers.github.io/visuald/visuald/StartPage.html.

By way of comparison, I can download other languages and run their installer. After that everything just works: linker included. Why do I have to install a MS toolchain just to get 64-bit linking for DMD?

What languages and what linkers are they using?

I like D a lot. I have been using it for a while. But I have always had trouble with Win64 development. I need that platform for my work. But I will have to dev on Linux again just for 64-bit support. And hope that this can finally get fixed. Although I am real close to just walking away on this one.