On Monday, 25 January 2016 at 02:37:40 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Hot off the press! http://wiki.dlang.org/Vision/2016H1 -- Andrei

My biggest issue with these documents is that they have good ideas but rarely have plans to achieve them. As a consequence, most of these documents say how half or more of the previous goals were not achieved.

I believe the best way to fix this is to simply have more focus. Have one large goal that can be broken down into smaller subsets, e.g. "2016 will be the year of a GC free Phobos". Something that has a very clear way of quantifying its success and a clear path to that goal.

Not that that the other things are not important, but if you constantly find yourself failing to meet your goals, the only rational option is to become more realistic in your plans.