On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 11:05 AM, Rikki Cattermole via
Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com> wrote:
[snip]

> Really at the minimum we need Phobos broken up into dub sub packages.
> Preferably I'd like we to go all the way into separate repositories and let
> people own their own code. But I can understand why not.

 [snip]

ha, I had typed a similar response:

Looking at the way we have things now, it would actually be quite simple to
make two downloads, one with everything and one with the bare minimum.

If we changed phobos to compile like the recent vibe.d version does then we
can even pick and choose sections of phobos. I suppose "he who has the
vision" can do either type of release with our current tools.