On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Andrei Alexandrescu via
Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com> wrote:

> On 01/25/2016 04:17 AM, Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
>

>> Looking at the way we have things now, it would actually be quite simple
>> to make two downloads, one with everything and one with the bare minimum.
>>
>> If we changed phobos to compile like the recent vibe.d version does then
>> we can even pick and choose sections of phobos. I suppose "he who has
>> the vision" can do either type of release with our current tools.
>>

> What would be the benefits of this? My knee-jerk reaction is this is a
> large and disruptive project with no palpable benefits. -- Andrei

Yep, thats kind of what I was saying in the end. If someone wanted to they
could make such a release independently.

I'm trying to hack on the compiler, personally I wish all those with the
know how would put their efforts into documenting how the compiler works
and what the different parts do, that way we could have more contributors.