On Sunday, 10 December 2017 at 09:02:46 UTC, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:
On 12/09/2017 07:58 AM, wobbles wrote:
On Thursday, 7 December 2017 at 14:31:01 UTC, Chris wrote:
  I didn't know Ireland was so
unknown, unless, of course, I'm supposed to choose "Great Britain".

I also hated myself for clicking Great Britain :-)

As an outsider, I'm curious about this. My (perhaps innacurate?) understanding was that "Great Britain" was more a geographical term referring to everything on the islands rather than a political boundary (as opposed to "UK" which is purely a political concept and includes some, but not all, of the countries on the same islands). Is that not enitrely correct? Or is that exactly the the part that's uncomfortable - that it's a "Country" field which lacks the actual country name and only offers a geographic collection in its place?

I am half English and half Irish (Kilkenny).

The English occupied / (occupy) Ireland and it was / (is) very unpopular. Hence an Irishman will not enjoy having to associate himself with his (former / current) occupiers.

      • Re: D User ... user1234 via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: D U... Chris via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... SomeRandomUser via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... user1234 via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... Mengu via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: D User ... wobbles via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: D U... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • [OT... Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Abdulhaq via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Chris via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: D User Survey qznc via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: D User Survey Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d-announce