On Thursday, 7 December 2017 at 14:31:01 UTC, Chris wrote:
On Saturday, 2 December 2017 at 19:11:31 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:

Truth be told I find survey largely irrelevant.
What my gender or some such have to do with D? Or my job? What do we want to understand from that - “teenagers w/o like D language more?” or some such nonsense?

I despise demographic style surveys, ask technical aspects instead, it would be 10x more informative.

Yeah, it's too personal (job, company, gender). Questions should concentrate on technical aspects.

Survey techniques are a science after all. Google provides you the tools but without methodology it's peanuts. I suppose that this survey just allows you to locate yourself among the community, although it was already well known that D is more used in Europe and mostly by adults. I mean that the results cannot be used to change the development guide lines.

Only interesting Q:
- How did you learn D ? : yes, it shows for example that tour.dlang.org has gained its place. - What is your PRIMARY /SECONDARY area of development where you focus on D ? maybe interesting to detect something that's not worth improving in the language. But bad formulation. - How would you rate your experience with D compared to other languages? Yes, may show if D is generating D-language-centered people.

and few others. Average SLOC per project would have been interesting too. TIme spent per day.