Jeff, actually, what bothered me about Andrei's response was not his
declaration that some on this list are not interested in aesthetics,
but the assertion (implicit) in his last responses that aesthetics
lies in the realm of form (visual, auditory, and spatial).  I also
feel it is a bit of a burden to think about a career & education path
where all junior people have to understand ALL the aspects of all
aesthetic qualities. To me they should start with a core and build on
that over time. Some may focus on aesthetics of interaction
(non-formative, embodied in action and thought) and others may be
interested in aesthetics of the sensory (formative and embodied in
our senses: site, smell, hearing, touch -- ok, taste if you are a
chef).

Then as we mature and grow as designers we get to either dive deeper
into areas or broaden. There is room for both possibilities.

What seems unlikely is the creation of a DaVinci out of the box.

-- dave