Hi Jack,
And how many practitioners have taken Daniel Boyarski's course? How
has that course been made manifest in the great part of practice?

I think it is one thing to say that there is a theory put out there
like Jonas' Pliability, but quite another to say that that same
theory has reached the arena of practice and is well understood by
that community of practice.

I think as a community of practice we are far from understanding what
Daniel Boyarski is teaching. It is not spoken about here on this list,
nor is it spoken in the hallways at our conferences.

We need WAY more programs in IxD (ooo! I'm about to do that) at the
masters level that are teaching the types of theory and converting
them to practice that you are mentioning. They also need to be
brought into the "continuing ed" universe where at this point they
are almost non-existent as we as a community of practice have been
frightened away from theoretical in favor of the practical when it
comes to these events. This means that these ideas get closeted to a
select few, never getting aired out and applied in wider use.

-- dave