andynormancx;491111 Wrote:
> The problem is that the SB system in its default way of functioning
> can't really work the same way as those plugins.

Crap.

> To make this work in the SB world you'd have to do one of:
>
> - add the functionality to the hardware player's firmware
> - switch to transcoding everything on the server (and write a clever
> plugin to interact with the transcoding code, very hard to achieve given
> the way the transcoding happens)
> - write a plugin that decodes as it goes, looking ahead to tweak the
> volume
>
> None of this is really likely to happen.

Double Crap.  And I'm not a programmer who could do any of those things
you mentioned.

It is a shame as SB is the only program that doesn't stutter when
playing/streaming data across my wireless network, and it's
client/server so i can control the players remotely.  It's been
reasonably reliable.  And as I'm only using the software, and haven't
bought an actual box yet, I'm reluctant to think I will - no offense to
anyone, but I guess I had hoped it would do things that other software
players do, but it doesn't.

Thanx to all who chimed in with assistance and feedback

--
Jippers