Bigtwistee;614177 Wrote:

> How about adding some type of sound-sensitive visualization, or the
> ability to run a third-party vis app like G-force or Geiss.

Are there third-party vis Apps out there? Didn't find any on the
AppStore but maybe I didn't look right.

Visualization would only work when streaming to the iPad. For a
SqueezeBox one doesn't have the data.

Personally I think on the long run I'd rather implement downloading new
images for the current song from the internet to present it while stuff
is playing.
What do other people think about visualizations of the current song?
Should we have jumping lights and animations on the main screen, who
else would be interested in such a feature?

guidof Wrote:

> On my iPad though, the volume slider in the main screen is very
> difficult to set precisely.

Hi guidof,
in the latest version you can tap on the volume icons to get increments
of 1. You can also hold the icon to increase/decrease volume in a slow
pace.
I guess this should help you settings the right volume!

> Doesn't the Squeezebox only have 25 Volume steps anyway?

The volume curve in SqueezePlay source-code has 100 entries.
Based on comments it's derived from Booms volume curve.
So I guess at least on the newer devices 100 discrete values are
available indeed.

--
bluegaspode

Big Screen for great Boxes available now at your AppStore: *'Squeezebox
+ iPad = SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com)* - -now featuring streaming
to iPad!-
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)

Setup: 1x SB-Controller+Receiver (Duet), 1xSB-Boom. 2xSB-Radio
Server (7.5.x) running on SheevaPlug (Ubuntu) with attached Western
Digital MyBook Essential.