results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=96660
Question: Would you buy a new Squeezebox player if it became available?

- Yes , if less than $100
- Yes, if less than $200
- Yes, if less than $500
- Yes, if less than $1000
- Yes - price is no object; I just want the best sound
- No - I would NOT buy another Squeezebox player

Seems to me that there three distinct markets evolving here:

1) is the Radio market (i.e. streamer + built in speaker) - a SB revival
won't win this because Logitech has it locked down - though such a
device is arguably best suited to mass i-device appeal.

2) the sub $500 market of people who want a device to deliver streaming
music to their existing stereo (from personal cloud storage, internet
radio, NAS, USB stick, SD Card, PC/Mac, whatever), which is likely
comprised of a receiver with its own DAC(s). In this use case, analog
outputs and amplification are completely necessary - the entire device
could be digital, designed for the sole purpose of passing the highest
quality (bits/Hz) signal to a receiver for decoding - from a marketing
perspective the quality possible should be better than the best offered
by Sonos. Building AirPlay or Bluetooth into a device like this might
also increase the size of the market to which it would appeal.

3) the HiFi folks who want their streamer to also serve as a super high
quality DAC - the use case here is for folks who are going to plug a
Transport like device into a power amp, such that high quality outputs
are an absolute necessity. Users of this deice would probably not want
any AirPlay or Bluetooth potentially introducing noise. Other digital
inputs that the super high quality DAC portion can be used independent
of any related streaming functionality would also probably be
appreciated by these user.

Why not aim for 2 and 3? Seems there profitable markets for both.