results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=96660
Question: Would you buy a new Squeezebox player if it became available?

- Yes , if less than $100
- Yes, if less than $200
- Yes, if less than $500
- Yes, if less than $1000
- Yes - price is no object; I just want the best sound
- No - I would NOT buy another Squeezebox player

ninthsrw wrote:
> Seems to me that there three distinct markets evolving here:
>
> 1) is the Radio market (i.e. streamer + built in speaker) …
> 2) the sub $500 market of people who want a device to deliver streaming
> music to their existing stereo …
> 3) the HiFi folks who want their streamer to also serve as a super high
> quality DAC …
I don't see how analog outputs could be removed on devices targeting 2)
and 3).
The equivalent of the IR Blaster feature is also necessary, I think. I
am certainly not going to buy a Harmony remote… and my amps are not
internet-enabled.

As for market 1). I think that an SB-enabled radio makes a lot of sense…
to SB owners. We all have room and use for a networked, amplified,
device, if it sounds good.
For people looking to listen to internet radio on a single device, I
believe the smartphone+BT speaker will win. We'll see how UE Radio
fares.

I can understand the interest for ethernet, wifi-N, Airplay, maybe DLNA,
android@home (??), but not really BT audio, unless it doesn't notably
add to the cost. It would be good to be able to kill the unneeded RF
interfaces.

The ability to use an internet proxy to listen to my music from afar
would be most interesting to me (iPeng, Boom…)