toby10 wrote:
> Can you do the same with cars in the EU?  You buy a new car, car is
> determined to be defective (cannot be fixed/remedied by repairs, called
> a "Lemon" in the US), mfr agrees to give you a new car, but you also get
> the defective car back?  I'd find that highly unlikely, no matter where
> one lives.  ;)
I think it's more that the vendor agreed to the conditions of
replacement laid out by the OP by sending a "goodwill" Radio, but did
not fulfill the conditions by also returning the original. They could
(and will) argue the Radio was a direct replacement for the Touch but
under EU regulations this can only happen if the replacement is of equal
(or more) value, which is not the case as the Touch was being sold at a
substantially higher price than the Radio.