Engineer Dean stated in this thread (post #53), that:

"In place of a VFD display it
has a single button with an RGB LED behind it. The color of that
button is under software control and indicates if the device is
connected and working properly. The button acts as a pause/unpause
control, or if you press and hold, puts the Receiver into setup mode."

I don't have any experience with a wifi device that doesn't have its
own screen.  I hope that the screenless receiver doesn't create a
pandora's (no pun intended) box of support tickets if the little light
on front says the receiver isn't working properly and the controller
can't communicate with the receiver to figure out why not.

I see that the Sonos box also doesn't have a screen.  Has that ever
created extra support issues when the thing doesn't work properly?

--
mortslim