Skunk;255212 Wrote:
> I should have went back and re-read your post before responding because
> the form factor comments are relevant and not likely to change after
> beta. Honestly I didn't remember who's post he was talking about, and
> only meant to point out that it can't really be judged fairly yet. I
> have a feeling it's going to get a lot less clunky in the next couple
> weeks though, so please have the wife give it another try :-)

I hope so, I will persevere, but I personally wish it had *less*
features and aimed to do the task of controlling the SB family as
cleanly as possible. In other words, I'd rather have the basics done
really well, rather than extraneous future capable features. The motion
sensors are a novelty that will become a pain (they always get triggered
accidentally, I don't need a DAC in there, I already have 4 iPods around
the house, not to mention the music capable phones. Strip them all out
and give me a fast controller with fewer options in the menus and all
the setup that belongs on the server interface removed. I certainlty
don't need flickr, especially when the screen dims anyway after a
minute, and 3 different clock types is really rather silly.

Having said all that, no doubt I'll buy a receiver, if not another SB3
at some point. The other solutions never quite get the audio quality
aspects right for me.

--
CardinalFang