On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 2:49 PM, Bryan Richter <br...@snowdrift.coop> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 03:15:38PM -0800, Stephen Yeung wrote:
 Regarding Milestones they're generally meant for big events (i.e.
 launches or when you complete a suite of inter-related features)
 wherein you take stock and review work and see if changes are
 needed.

Right now our two "milestones" are:

Alpha: complete website with funding mechanism (but no real money)

Beta: Real money!!

After that there's a lot of directions we can go, i.e., we'll need to
take stock and review.

Does anyone have feeback or questions on these two milestones?

Feedback, yes.

I'm not sure if we should call these milestones, but I think there are several important big events:

Pre-Alpha (name?): complete site except funding mechanism, where hitting the 'pledge' button signs you up for the 'announce' email list.
 - Primary required work: UX & implementation

Alpha: Self funding: Real Money, only one project -- snowdrift.coop, mostly-complete mechanism (doesn't need to account for multiple projects),
 - Primary required work: mechanism, legal, ongoing UX

Closed Beta: all of the above plus complete funding mechanism, invite exclusively popular FLOSS
 - Primary work required: mechanism, legal, outreach, ongoing UX

Open Beta: self-explanatory
 - Primary required work: outreach, ongoing UX

Stable

At each stage we should re-evaluate our priorities, so the farther down you go in that list, the more tentative.