On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 03:03:38AM -0500, Stephen Michel wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 5:44 PM, Bryan Richter
> >On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 04:25:08PM -0500, Stephen Michel wrote:
> >>
> >> Pre-Alpha (name?): complete site except funding mechanism, where
> >> hitting the 'pledge' button signs you up for the 'announce' email
> >> list.
> >>  - Primary required work: UX & implementation
> >
> >There's so much website that we already have — this step feels like
> >it could be elided. Can you provide justification for it?
>
> First - I agree, there is relatively little work to be done. It can
> probably be completed in 1-2 weeks.
> Second - A primary function of this milestone is for us to get used
> to Openproject. I think it would be valuable to go through the
> process of {Create personas -> create epics (& user stories) ->
> implement an epic}, even if that epic is mostly implemented already,
> so we're used to that process when we move on to the next milestone.
> Third - I would include updating our introductory materials as part
> of this step. Also, reducing or eliminating "this page under
> construction" and "this page migrated from the old site so it may
> not look right" headers.

These are good points, and I would not be opposed to this plan.

> >There's one thing not addressed by any of the above: co-op and
> >legal structure!
> >
> >I think that the co-op project is somewhat independent of the
> >website project, but I do not know to what degree that is true.
>
> I think they are bundled with the above. For example, we need our
> coop structure in place in order to enter the alpha, because so far
> we've got, "If you're a patron of the snowdrift.coop project, you're
> a co-op member."

Hmm, yeah, maybe co-op/money/website are a lot more interdependent
than I was thinking. That makes me wonder — what is the plan for co-op
and money? If they are going to impact site development, and be
impacted by it, we need a holistic roadmap. I looked around at the
Next and Strategy wiki pages and didn't find any mention of a plan.
I'm pretty sure there *is* a plan (part of which is drafting
bylaws..?).

I know one of the visions is to be a non-profit cooperative. How does
that break down?

Do we have to be a non-profit before we become a co-op, or vice versa,
or <something>?

Will there be requirements put on the website to achieve any of that
vision (non-profit, cooperative, both)?

Will the OSI's incubation have any role to play on the website's design
and features?