On 2016-02-11 15:25, Stephen Michel wrote:
On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 2:49 PM, Bryan Richter <br...@snowdrift.coop>
wrote:

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 03:15:38PM -0800, Stephen Yeung wrote:

Regarding Milestones they're generally meant for big events (i.e.
launches or when you complete a suite of inter-related features)
wherein you take stock and review work and see if changes are
needed.
Right now our two "milestones" are: Alpha: complete website with
funding mechanism (but no real money) Beta: Real money!! After that
there's a lot of directions we can go, i.e., we'll need to take
stock and review. Does anyone have feeback or questions on these two
milestones?

Feedback, yes.

I'm not sure if we should call these milestones, but I think there are
several important big events:

Pre-Alpha (name?): complete site except funding mechanism, where
hitting the 'pledge' button signs you up for the 'announce' email
list.
 - Primary required work: UX & implementation

Yes. This is a good approach. It's what my team has done with rackrental.net. Though we just have a free tier that the invited users are in. So site and app are functional but no real money yet.

Alpha: Self funding: Real Money, only one project -- snowdrift.coop,
mostly-complete mechanism (doesn't need to account for multiple
projects),
 - Primary required work: mechanism, legal, ongoing UX

Yes. People have to see that money can move through the system, some people have contributed, features work etc.

Closed Beta: all of the above plus complete funding mechanism, invite
exclusively popular FLOSS
 - Primary work required: mechanism, legal, outreach, ongoing UX

Yep. I like the term early access, advanced placement etc. Beta is too overloaded.

Open Beta: self-explanatory
 - Primary required work: outreach, ongoing UX

Stable

At each stage we should re-evaluate our priorities, so the farther
down you go in that list, the more tentative.
!DSPAM:56bcfc36244981056110400!

Yep. Plans of mice and men etc...