On 11/14/05, Nicolas Mailhot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> HTML is already TOO complex for mail. That's why it's rejected by so
> many people. Didn't you read what I wrote last day ? Rich mail
> acceptance requires a simplified SUBSET of HTML/XHTML, not a SUPERSET
> like ODF.
>
> I shudder a the number of cycles needed to filter a mailing list if its
> default format changes to ODF.

Nobody cares if you want to filter your email to exclude HTML. That's your
right, and no one is considering, suggesting, implying, or saying that we
should take that right away from you. No one is suggesting that we force you
to send email in any form other than the one you choose. And no one is
implying that we should switch the mailing lists over to HTML, ODF, XML, or
PDFs.

If you would read the subject line of this thread, you would see we are
talking about, not the mailing lists, or the website, of OpenOffice.org -
but the software itself. We are not talking about taking anything away. We
are not talking about forcing you to remove Mutt, Thunderbird, Evolution, or
anything from your computer. We are saying that an OpenOffice.org compatible
email client and PIM would be a good idea. If that takes the form of a
separate download, either from OOo, or from Mozilla, or some other third
party - or it that functionality is added to the core OOo suite, is entirely
up to debate. So is the idea of adding anything at all. But what is not
being discussed is violating your right to filter, receive, create, and/or
send your email anyway you see fit.

We are not asking whether or not you, personally, (or anyone on the list)
*LIKES* HTML email - *TRUSTS* HTML email - *USES* HTML email - or *HATES*
HTML email. That's pointless.

It is simply a suggestion to add something to OOo that users have been
begging for since it was taken out of StarOffice, many years ago. And that
is an Outlook like-program that intergrates with OOo, sends, receives, and
edits emails, handles contacts, schedules, and the like. Something that
looks and feels like its a part of OOo, and something that can share
features with OOo.

--
- Chad Smith
http://www.gimpshop.net/