From: Ted Crow [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 4:51 PM
To: discussion@pfsense.com
Subject: RE: [pfSense-discussion] HOW MUCH TRUST ON PFSENSE ?

We were forced to jump from testing to production (our previous firewall bit
the dust) with pfSense v0.62.5 (alpha).  Remarkably, it was the most stable
platform I had tested to date out of numerous open source and commercial
offerings.  I had it in-place and operational within a couple of hours and
it ran for almost 6 months (continuously - no reboots) when I upgraded to a
later version for more features.

We're currently running ~75 PCs, 50 IP Phones, 16 Servers, 4 VLANs, 5
Subnets and 16 VPNs served up across 6 interfaces on the same hardware as 2
years ago.  I've got 48d 18h of uptime right now since I took the firewall
down to reroute power to that rack.

We've had only one crash: a few days after upgrading to 1.0.1 from BETA2,
the hard drive went loopy.  New hard drive, fresh install and config
restore: back up in 15 minutes.

Ted Crow

MCP/W2K

Information Technology Manager