I have never had a problem with burning the PFSense ISO on CD. The CD-R
brand I use is Memorex.

The only stability problem I saw was caused by the network cards. To fix
this simply switch out the network cards for something else until you
get a good combination. For best stability it has been recommended on
the forum to use Intel network cards.

I'm running 1.2RC3 on all the systems I manage.

I've used numerous firewalls and PFSense is my favorite followed by
m0n0wall.

Best Regards,
Mark J Crane