Paolo Gentili wrote:
> > your thoughts or experiences about  how much trust can i have on pfsense

we've got seven boxes doing pfsense - three pairs of 1U servers as
firewall clusters protecting public facing web services, and one acting
as a VPN concentrator for "road warriors". we rely on carp and the load
balancer to give resilience.

when one machine "threw a disk", it took less than half an hour to
restore functionality.

all are 1.2RC3, some began as 1.2rc2.

we considered Astaro during early eval, but it would have been expensive
to have so many boxes, so we'd have had to compromise on the design of
our network, pfsense has thus made it possible to adopt a much more
flexible solution.

Paul