On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 23:05:08 +0100
"Paolo Gentili" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> your thoughts or experiences about  how much trust can i have on pfsense

Since everyone is just singing praises, I'll add some things to look for ;)

Besides running it at home we run it on three production locations, which
are two server rooms and one fast growing wireless lan.

First bad expirience: it is really touchy about the quality of your cd
burner and blank CDs. This mostly shows as misterious crashes and kernel
panics during boot or later during install. It took us some time to figure
that out.

Second bad expirience: 1.0.1 leaves hw.ata.wc enabled by default (didn't
check 1.2), which ended up with one toasted fs after a power failure.
Fortunately config.xml was backed up :)

Third bad expirience: once it's up it works rock solid, but there is a
kernel panic every now and then during boot or during shutdown. Again, this
is 1.0.1, haven't looked at 1.2.

Despite all this, pfSense is still by far the best thing you can get today.

--

Jure Pečar
http://jure.pecar.org/