On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 02:01:46PM +0200, Omer Zak wrote:
> However, introduction of audio recordings, without immediately
> accompanying them with textual transcripts, has the effect of
> disfranchising me and other deaf software developers, making us less
> human, less valuable than you hearies.  In the long range, this can
> adversely affect also our being able to be employed (or get freelance
> projects) and earn money.

Omer, I disagree with you. I understand the situation you are in, and
the benefit that having them presented in text, video (so you could lip
read) or signed video. For those that are not familar with the term it
means a picture in the corner of a person translating the lecture into
sign language, and has nothing to do with PGP. :-)

However there is value to the world in general to have the audio recordings,
or podcasts as they have become called, posted as soon as possible. Since the
lectures are, I assume in Hebrew, they would be as worthless to me as you.
This does not detract from their intrinsic value.

Yes, there would be more value to them if they were available in text, or
English or Russian translation, etc.

While I think there should be some effort made to accommodate you and other
people who need extra effort to be accommodated, I don't think they should
be delayed because they are not.

Since I really don't know much about the educational system here, I can't
be more precise, but is there a school for teachers of the death that
might provide as part of their training an on site signer?

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel [EMAIL PROTECTED]  N3OWJ/4X1GM
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838