On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 12:50:11AM +0200, Yaron Shahrabani wrote:
>  On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 8:58 AM, E L <nak...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > In all my time being involved in open source I never before saw a
> > behaviour like that against
> > Israel or any other country. People from Israel, arab countries and
> > Iran been working together for
> > years on bidi related issues, and other problems which are common to
> > our different languages.
> > The way he chose is very dangerous and for me goes against one of the
> > most beautiful things in
> > open source.
> >

> Well... Sorry I had to break it up for you but I had this unpleasant
> conversation the other day where I stood all by myself discussing some
> ignorant Arabs who only attacked me on subjects they have no idea at,
> further more, I was threatened by them to be kicked out of Launchpad because
> of an inappropriate behaviour.
>
> After this discussion I realised that no matter how hard I tried, an Arab is
> still an Arab and probably even when we have common goals they will try to
> stab me in the back when they first have the chance, I'm much more picky
> about speaking with Arabs although I did manage to communicate with a very
> enlightened Algerian guy and also a really nice Persian guy, so I'm not
> saying they are all horrible but I must say I got a little more suspicious
> about their intentions...
>
> Suit yourself:
> https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad/+question/106198

You failed to mention the simple technical facts: the time zones
Asia/Jerusalem and Asia/Tel-Aviv reflect the time zone as set by the
Israeli goverenment. If one has correctly set the time zone to be
Asia/Jerusalem, one is likely to be Israel. In Israel the week is
Sun-Thu. This is regardless of one's religon.

If Usama Akkad or anybody disputes that they have a higher authority to
answer to (The maintainers of (e?)glibc. Or the Asia zone file. I'm not
really into that sort of theology).

One should be careful not to confuse Asia/Jerusalem with Asia/Gaza
(which is naturally set by the Palestinian Authority). Recall
http://darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin1999-38.html

$ zdump -v /usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Gaza  | grep 2010
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Gaza  Fri Mar 26 22:00:59 2010 UTC = Sat Mar 27
00:00:59 2010 EET isdst=0 gmtoff=7200
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Gaza  Fri Mar 26 22:01:00 2010 UTC = Sat Mar 27
01:01:00 2010 EEST isdst=1 gmtoff=10800
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Gaza  Tue Aug 10 20:59:59 2010 UTC = Tue Aug 10
23:59:59 2010 EEST isdst=1 gmtoff=10800
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Gaza  Tue Aug 10 21:00:00 2010 UTC = Tue Aug 10
23:00:00 2010 EET isdst=0 gmtoff=7200

$ zdump -v /usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Jerusalem  | grep 2010
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Jerusalem  Thu Mar 25 23:59:59 2010 UTC = Fri Mar 26
01:59:59 2010 IST isdst=0 gmtoff=7200
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Jerusalem  Fri Mar 26 00:00:00 2010 UTC = Fri Mar 26
03:00:00 2010 IDT isdst=1 gmtoff=10800
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Jerusalem  Sat Sep 11 22:59:59 2010 UTC = Sun Sep 12
01:59:59 2010 IDT isdst=1 gmtoff=10800
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Asia/Jerusalem  Sat Sep 11 23:00:00 2010 UTC = Sun Sep 12
01:00:00 2010 IST isdst=0 gmtoff=7200

Please don't resort to political arguments where technical ones will do.

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | tzaf...@jabber.org | VIM is
tzaf...@cohens.org.il |                    |  best